Don’t see a position for you?Send us an email with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your information on file!
- Follow raw seed through the cleaning process:
- Prep the cleaning lines
- Monitor equipment function and sample product for quality
- Adjust equipment as directed.
- Ensure proper labeling of product
- Transfer seed to different bins
- Keep workspace clean and tidy, following protocols
- Assist in other tasks where needed
- Previous experience in the Seed industry is asset.
- Mechanically Inclined
- Able to maintain a positive working attitude and work as a team.
- Good communication and comprehension skills.
- Must be detail oriented and good organization skills.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 55lbs/25 Kg with ease.
- Forklift Experience is an asset.
- Able to work evening shifts.
- Vehicle/Own transport is required due to our location not being on a bus route.
- Mill setting, must be able to cope with dust arising through processing.
- Coveralls (provided) and steel toe boots (employee provides) are required.
- Orientation and familiarization with equipment and processes will be provided
Imperial Seed offers an attractive Benefit and retirement Package.
We are currently inviting resumes for a position to assist in our warehouse. Physical fitness, positive attitude, teachable, punctual, detail and safety oriented are some of the traits we are looking for.
Previous experience in a seed-based environment and Forklift experience is an asset. No bus access. We offer a positive work environment and a competitive benefit package. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Using machinery to bag product according to specifications set out by the Supervisor
• Dumping seed, and replenishment of production line supplies
• Cleaning and conducting change-over of processing equipment
• Manually stacking product on pallets (lifting up to 55lbs), and preparing for shipping or storage. Correctly labeling product and wrapping to ensure stability are also essential.
• Assist with yard and warehouse organization and housekeeping
•Tag Product: either with general tags or certified tags. This also involves the responsibility of keeping track of all certified tags in the back.
•Gather Retail Orders: gather product and stack on a shipping pallet, record lot numbers, and wrap pallet for final shipping.
•Blend Product: to follow blend sheet instructions to create a cohesive final product as directed by Supervisor.
•Once certified, employee will be required to operate a forklift.
- Must maintain a positive working attitude and be able to work as a team.
- Takes direction well and clarifies when needed to ensure quality of final product.
- Punctuality is highly valued at Imperial.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 55lbs.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening shifts
- Warehouse setting, must be able to cope with dust arising through processing.
- Warehouse is not climate controlled.
- Coveralls (provided) and steel toe boots (employee provides) are required. Dust masks are provided and highly encouraged.
- Potential for overtime available
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent and Seasonal
Salary: $14.00 /hour